Saturday, August 27, 2011

One of the best days of summer...Part one

This summer has been a ton of fun. Maybe its the fact that both of the boys are at an age where they love to play, don't need two naps in a day, and are both pretty steady on their feet. Whatever it is, it has been a wonderful adventure, and I'll miss it next week when we all return to school. I love the summer because it means staying home with my boys all day, being the one to hear all of their stories, the one whose there to witness all their antics, both good and bad. And while I am content to spend my days with my sons, summer usually means that my love is uber busy. It is ridiculous how long his days are, and how often he is buzzing around the house, juggling his phone, a computer, and piles of paperwork. It can sometimes make me overwhelmed just watching him work, so I am pretty sure it is exhausting on his end. Workaholic comes to mind, but then again I am pretty sure a large part of Wayne's drive revolves around the three of us that watch him bust his butt day after day. Weekends are coveted around here, especially in the summer, and a day of from work for Wayne is pratically impossible.












So when Wayne decided to take a vacation I was thrilled, even if it was only for a day or two. I knew exactly what I wanted to do for our family outing. I wanted to take the boys to a play musuem. When I really want something, I usually get it, I am just really lucky (ahem spoiled) that way. So off we headed.



When we got there I didn't really know what to expect, but if the 177 pictures I took don't tell how awesome the day was, maybe this post will. From the moment we got there Zach was revved up and really to explore. Matt was literally jumping out of his seat, and since its a musuem of play, I relinquished control and let him roam(under my close supervision of course).


Here are the boys upon our arrival


Once inside Zach really enjoyed looking at the big aquarium...he has been asking for a goldfish for months now!



So when we made it to Sesame Street:


Zach was happy to go and hang out with Dorothy:




Then the boys had a blast checking themselves out in Elmo's fun mirrors:
And we were even asked to be on the show by The Count:



After, Zach stopped by to visit Big Bird, but he was already out for the day:



So we all decided to play a little chess and wait:



Well, almost all of us...



Matt thought he should check out whether he has a career ahead of him as a taxi-driver,


but opted to run the Muppet Cab Company with his brother instead.



And that was all within the first half hour...


Stay tuned to see what happens when Zach meets his Hero, how we spent an hour with the Bernstein Bears, our visit to Japan, and some of the boys favorites, according to them, from the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers