Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The beginning of a much overdue recap- The Zoo!


Last Friday I took Zach to the zoo for the 2nd time ever. We haven't been back since last summer when Z was only six months old. I was worried he'd get bored, or not be that interested, but boy was I wrong. It might have helped that we went with five little boys and one super cute little girl, and he seemed just as entertained by the big boys running around as he was by the bears in their exhibits. In fact the only real battle was trying to get Z to stay in his stroller some of the time!

Our first stop at the zoo was the elephants, and I didn't think I was going to be able to pry Zach away from the bars. Just look at how enthralled the boys are as they take in the elephants:

Just look how my little man is edging his way in next to his cousin....ah he is getting so big! Aunt Lisa was kind enough to lift him up to see the elephants, and even though we tried to take a few shots, getting Zach's attention was tough, because all he wanted to do was see the animals:

After the older kids ran off, Zach stayed behind to admire the elephants. He kept turning around and squealing in delight, and then racing back to the bars to see one of Mommy's favorites at the zoo....obviously he gets his love of elephants from me!
Zach and I even got to see an elephant playing with a water hole, he was splashing himself with the water. It was really sweet how kid-like and playful elephants can be, but it also made me a little sad that such a magnificent creature was in a zoo:
After visiting with the elephants we headed over to watch otters swim and some of the kids took in a sea lion show. Zach tried to get into it, but he was squirming all over in the hot sun, so we left early and headed over to the carousel. He did so well holding on to the big horse (I stood right next to him), but it sort of made me sad that in a year, or so, he'll want to go on alone. We were able to see some bears:
Rode a train with his Aunt Penny (AKA by best friend Jen)
Went to the rain forest exhibit where we saw a waterfall, monkeys, and a fascinating fish...the piranha
Then well the bigger kids who know not to eat sand, played in a giant sandbox, I took Z to see my another of my favorite animals...the giraffe! (I really wanted to get my Mom a picture of the giraffes too, because she just loves them!) So did Zach who did his stare...
Then run in excitement routine for them too:


We ended the day with some lunch and some Mommy and me pics:

Lisa and Jack:



Zach and I enjoying some milkshakes:

Even Lisa and I were able to take a sister shot...



It was a beautiful day at the zoo, and I can't wait to bring the boys again next year. I especially liked the part where Zach and Jack fell instantly asleep when we got in the car and started out for home.

Stay tuned as my recap continues of an eventful weekend at the lake( We have an encounter, a dinner date, and a birthday still to catch up on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers