Monday, February 28, 2011

Birthday post Part I...decorations!

Since I am sure if I tried to post all the pics I want to from Z's 3rd birthday party, I would be sitting here for hours, I am just going to break it up a bit. I spent a good deal of time and energy prepping for the party. I knew I wanted a small family party, but I didn't want it to feel like an afterthought so I headed over to Etsy for some extra special accessories.


The theme was Superheroes so I made an invitation of Zach in his Wolverine costume and used a creative cartoon like clip to spice up the picture. I would have ordered some off of Etsy, but I didn't have the time. Instead I ordered him a pennant banner, name banner, superhero cookies, and birthday shirt. I went slightly overboard on the balloons and streamers, and my sister in law Lisa definitely outdid herself by making not only adorable Spider-man themed cupcakes, but and incredible Hulk cake. Zach loved looking at the cake, almost as much as he liked eating it. I got some cute cupcake toppers and thank you tags made, and they added a nice touch too! Here are some of the pics from the party.


Look at how cute these cupcakes are. I almost didn't use the toppers I ordered because my Aunt Lisa had gone above and beyond once again! Thank you so much Lisa!
Isn't this cake so creative? All I asked for was a chocolate round, and she called to tell me she had this baby in mind. I was like, Hell yeah, that is awesome. This little man, couldn't keep his fingers out of it, and was all about staring at his Hulk cake and the matching candy that Aunt Lisa incorporated into it! Just some of the balloons and decorations





This pic shows off Zach's pennant banner and name banner. I loved the little flags I added to the M&M's too to bring more of a Superhero feel to the party.

Aren't these favor cookies adorable? They were delicious too! I got them from a store called Batches on Etsy!




And a picture of the birthday boy...one of few that aren't a blur from that day...literally!

I have a lot more to share, including one of my favorite party activities ever...and you guessed it, it was from Etsy!

1 comment:

  1. ADORABLE!!!!!!! Amy...you did such an amazing job with Z's party! From one over-the-top birthday decorator to another...nice work mama. Looks like Z loved it too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers