Thursday, January 6, 2011

Snapshots of my sons...

I think I want to remember every aspect of being a parent to these two precious boys. I know they teach me everyday, be it something about them, myself, or the world and what truly matters in it. I know I think they are two of the most extraordinary people I have every known, yes, I know I am biased. I am pretty sure though when they tower over me one day, and live the lives they choose for themselves, I will always look at them in awe. Awe that I was the one that was chosen to be their Mom.

Since Z comes first in age, I feel like Matt should come first in this post:

Matt is a boy of few words. I think that is because I let him off the hook most of the time, and respond to his whimpers or protests, reading them as though they are the English language. Matt is clever, thoughtful, happy go lucky, persistent, adventurous, and sweet. He loves to be loved, and often follows us around demanding to be held by wrapping his little arms around our legs. He is so entertained by Lennie at the moment, and loves picking up the dog's toys and getting him to chase him. His loves his brother, and the two of them are finding a groove of their own. They laugh with each other, hide with each other, chase each other, hug each other, and of course annoy each other...they are siblings after all. During a given day Matt is most happy when he is playing with blocks, carrying balls, chewing on the trains, or stealing toys from Z. He loves to dance, and play musical instruments, he might even like Z's drums more than Z, and he loves to eat and nap. Bath time is a favorite for Matt and he often entertains us all by trying to drink bath water from the drum(I think he likes our protests), blow into the water whistle, or squirt the fish. He is a charmer through and through, and he warms every one's heart who gets to share in his smiles. He is a beautiful baby, with two of the deepest dimples I've ever seen, and he is content to be with his family. Matt likes to toddle off to explore, but he is happiest when we are all together and he is in the mix. Recently Matt has taken to making vroom sounds when he plays with cars, and everyday he is starting to become more verbal. Today he said "doggie" in regards to Lennie, and I know it is only a matter of time, before this little inquisitive mind starts talking constantly like the rest of us:


I am pretty sure that as Matt grows he will always be just a little bit taller than his brother was at his age, which is why I call him "The bigger little brother." No matter how big Matt gets, he has such a tender heart, and he will look out for others. I know he will blur the lines sometimes in his life, because he tests limits even now, and I also know that when he is doing it, he'll flash me one of those smiles, and melt my resolve. He is so clever!


Zach is an entertainer. He loves attention, (I don't know where he gets this from LOL) and he loves to make people laugh. Zach is high energy all of the time, unless he is sleeping, or watching tv. He loves superheroes at the moment and he will tell you if you ask, "That Wolverine is my favorite, because he is yell woh and yell woh is my favorite" He also loves to pretend he is The Hulk, and will warn, "If you touch me, I will turn into the Hulk" or "If I eat this I will be The Hulk". He is a talker, and he is bossy. He does it in a way though that most of the time is endearing, but still he wants things his way. He is particular about almost everything, from what toys people should play with, to what he should do, He often says "That would not be a good idea" if he doesn't want to go somewhere or do something. He pretty much loves peanut butter and jelly, chocolate donettes, and potato chips. He is also the pepperoni and cheese champ! How a baby that would eat anything became such a picky toddler is beyond me, but he will say. "Um this is good"or "I like it" when he is pleased. Zach loves to build with his duplos, or play cars, paint,do puzzles, read books, wrestle with his Dad(his favorite by far), and tell jokes. Recently he made up his own Knock Knock joke, and I must say I was impressed. It goes: "Knock Knock Whose there? Banana Shaken. Banana Shaken who? Banana Shaken Milkshake(insert toddler laughter)". Zach is super outgoing these days always introducing himself to kids we run into in stores, or in the neighborhood. He is cautious though of strangers, always looking to me to see if it is ok asking "I want to say hi to that little girl". Zach is also very sensitive towards others and has been this way since toddlerhood. He always says, "it's o tay" and pets your hair if you are sad, or runs and gives hugs if Matt falls and cries. Zach is a cuddler, even though he is three he still loves to climb up on my lap to watch tv, and always runs to his Dad when he leaves for work demanding "I need my big hug and a kiss.", or "You forgot your big hug and a kiss." He loves to be a "fixer" and he is "a good little helper, right Mommy." He is a sweet little man, and I know he is a nurturer at heart. I always say he is going to be more sensitive and God help us when he goes through his first heart break. He loves to talk to girls, and he is a little flirt. Everyone who meets Z is charmed by him, because he also loves to flash his dimples. He is such a handsome little man, and I know exactly where he gets that from: Talk about a mini- me! I try to deny it, but Zach favors his Dad...ok a lot, at least in the looks and energy department! I sometimes still can't believe that this Italian looking girl, has such a light haired child. I think that is why I tell Z that he is my blond bombshell!
Amazing... my sons truly are amazing! And that is just a snapshot of who they are, at this very moment! Can you imagine what lies ahead in their lives? By God's grace, and some diligent parenting; good stuff, really good stuff for the two sweetest boys I've ever laid eyes on!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers