Monday, September 5, 2011

The first day of school...

Tomorrow is officially the first day of school! There truly is no other day like it. I've always hated the last night before school starts because its one filled with anxiety for me. When I was a student; I'd spend hours getting ready, stress myself out about what I was going to wear, worry about how my teachers would be, wonder if my friends were going to be in my classes, ect. Tonight that will still hold true, except I will be worry about how my students will act, and wondering if the coworkers I like will have the same free period as me.



On the flip side I am anxious to get into it. Excited by the possibility of what I will learn about the world and myself this year. Anxious to meet 120 new people who will become part of my daily life for the good and the bad. I am wondering what the year holds for me, and know that someone or something I encounter in my classroom will better me, test me, and push me to think...that why I do what I do. The possibilities are endless, and that makes me both anxious and excited.


This year I am not the only one walking the line of anxiety and excitement. Two of my nephews will be headed to kindergarten tomorrow morning. I can see that their parents are also feeling torn between the anxiety of what this new world will be like, and the excitement of watching their child grow and explore.


See these two playful guys:

They are headed off to school tomorrow. Even though I feel anxious a bit for them both, I know they are going to do great. Grant and Jack I can't wait to hear all about your first days, and to see what you both think of school. I am sure your teachers will adore you! I can't wait to see your 1st day of school pictures and hear your story. There really is no day quite like the first day of school...and this one is an extra special one for you both. Congratulations guys, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers