Monday, October 26, 2009

Matt's Room!

I have been holding off on showing pictures of Matt's room because I wanted to have everything hung up and ready before I revealed the look. I am still waiting on an adorable boat clock from Wish Upon a Star that my mom got for Matt in order to figure out how and where to hang the painted boats I made for Matt, but since things have been a little up in the air over here, I thought I better post some pictures now before Matt arrives and I forget. Here is a picture of the clock that should be coming any day:

I love Wish Upon a star products, and I wanted to be sure that Matt had one too, since Zach has both the monkey bookends and monkey clock in his room. Those were both gifts as well from Grandma and Papa, and I love seeing them today and thinking of all the hours we spent in the middle of the night looking at his clock! I am sure I will see Matt's just as often in the coming months!

I must say that the colors on his walls do not show up in pictures as vibrant as they are in person, but you get the idea of what is going on. Here is a view from the doorway:


Some views of his crib:

A view of his changing table:

Another angle of Matt's room:

Some accessories photos: His Rug

A place for his very own stories...his bookcase:

A close up of the letters Wayne and I painted for Matt(above)

His curtains...it took several debates, but we finally decided we didn't think blue polka dots were feminine:

His lamp (one of them) that his brother loves. Seriously Zach will run into Matt's room so excited saying "Fishie!" and pointing out the other sea creatures on it:And finally, since the saying on Matt's comforter is "Six little ships went sailing by over the ocean and under the sky." I painted him six ships which will soon be hung throughout his room. Here are his ships:I hope you enjoyed the picture overload. I can truly say I loved decorating both of my boys nurseries, and in the end, I can't wait till Matt gets to enjoy his special space in our home.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...Matt's room looks SO AMAZING!!!! I love all of it!!! You added so many creative, unique touches. I love the wall colors you chose and the way they coordinate with his bedding. So adorable! Now I can't wait to see pics of that little guy sleeping on his sailboat sheets :-) Nice work mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good Amy! I love the colors and those letters you and your DH painted are cute. We have the same rocking chair in Ryan's room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Amy! I love the sailboats and the colors!!! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! I am just so relieved that it is done...well almost! I also can't wait to see my new little man sleeping away in his room!

    ReplyDelete

Followers