Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sickie Baby Strikes Again!

This weekend did not turn out to be the one I'd envisioned in my head. I had planned on a trip to the lake to see all the beautiful foliage, and take Zach out looking at pumpkins. Instead we've spent the last two days pretty much on lock down because Zach has been struck with the sickie baby virus. I am not sure what he has, all I can say is that on Friday night he woke up with a fever of 102 or more and I panicked! I grabbed juice (something reserved for special occasions in my house), Tylenol, and ran a luke-warm bath all at 2 o'clock in the morning. By 3:30 Zach felt less like a flame and more like the toddler I adore, so I was able to put him back into his crib to sleep. I must admit I did consider sitting up and holding him all night, but my obligation to my back and his brother wouldn't allow me to indulge my hysteria. I did however get up and check on him once more, before he finally got up at 8:00 a.m.


All day Saturday he ran a fever, we did the Tylenol, Motrin switch, and it kept his fever low and him switching back and forth between wanting to be a couch potato, or the Tasmanian devil of toys. Here he is lounging in his pj's enjoying his juice, and his blankie which didn't leave his side...except when I exchanged it for a backup and washed it!:

He also enjoyed his snack on the sofa while his bf Lennie stood vigilantly by:
While he was there he called someone on the phone and told them all about his woes ( He didn't actually call anyone, but he seemed to enjoy his conversation.)
Apparently whoever he was talking to also had a few choice words for Lennie, because Zach insisted Lennie take the call:

It's good to know that even when he is sick my son still has a great imagination!

Today Zach work up fever free, after another late night wake up and a few hours lost of sleep due to snuggling and worrying, but the fever keeps creeping back slowly. He is in bed, hopefully sleeping off the rest of this bug, armed with his blankie, his horsie, and the knowledge that at some point tonight I will be coming in to check on him...OK, more than once probably, but hey I'm a Mom that's my job!

Let's hope Zach is 100% himself tomorrow, and that sickie baby is gone for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers