Friday, October 16, 2009

MIA

There is really no way to explain how how MIA I have been.

Not only have I been Missing in Action when it comes to housework, grading papers, preparing meals, posting and blogging, and thinking of fun and exciting games to play with my son, but I have also been MIA in the following ways:

Mom in Amnesia- I can't seem to remember a gosh darn thing lately! I swear I have about 30 lists in progress as we speak...why 30? Well I keep losing the lists I make, so I have to start all over again.

Mess in Appearance- There is no aspect of my life that doesn't need some organization, but I swear some days its frightening how I go to work looking. Not only do I continue to wear shoes that look orthopedic, but I can actually admit I haven't even had a haircut in over 8 months. That is ridiculous! To top it off, I don't have a coat that fits me, and I never leave myself time to apply makeup, so I am one frightening vision...well all day!

Moody I Am- The hormones are raging. One minute I am ecstatic, the next I feel like crying. I hope this is just temporary or else I'm in trouble.

Mime in Action- I don't know what's wrong with me, but my verbal skills are seriously lacking lately. I have found myself apologizing routinely to my friends, my family, my husband, and even my students that I can't seem to vocalize my thoughts well. (This is perhaps the most uncharacteristic aspect of my MIA disorder)

I would love to keep this list going, but my MIA condition is causing me to blank on what I want to say, feel overwhelmed by my honesty, and guilty over the 1,000 other things I should be doing right now instead. Like I said at the beginning of this post, there is really no way to explain how MIA I have been, but this comes pretty close:
How do you cope with your MIA moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers