Friday, June 10, 2011

Surgery,one week later...

I guess I was hoping sickness was past us. After watching Matt get tubes last week I truly believed that we were done with antibiotics and ear infections...at least till next flu season. No luck. On Thursday when I picked Matt up from daycare, the ladies told me that some fluid had been leaking out of his ears...seriously people...don't you think you should call? I got the boys and headed straight to the drs. They know me when I walk in...it doesn't matter which receptionist I see anymore...thank God for a zero copay!

Matt had an ear infection. The dr could see the disappointment on my face. She assured me the tubes were doing what they were supposed to be doing, but I felt defeated. Like I had put holes in my baby's ears for nothing. The last 24 hrs have been tough. Even though he has been on antibiotics for a day, Matt is still running a fever, although it is only 100-102. I still can't help but feel bad for him. He was miserable today, just wanting to be held, and just out of control. At one point he bite his brother in the face. I mean seriously, he is not a happy camper. By 6 p.m. he was in bed and in an hour I will be going up to give him more baby Tylenol and water. Sickness sucks...even when it is minor in comparison to some people's struggles.

I have been racking my brain for why this happened and the best I can come up with is that water must have gotten in his ear. On Monday they took the kids in to the water park and Matt was splashing water, I bet some got in to his ear and caused the infection. I will be getting him some sets of the molded ear plugs so that he can play in sprinklers, go swimming, and splash in his water table this summer. Considering the alternative, this is a lifestyle change we will have to make. On a bright note, even though he is sick, the fluid isn't trapped inside of his head...I'm sure its slightly more comfortable, even though he seems to be effected more this time.

Two weeks...two weeks and I will be a SAHSM...I am looking forward to spoiling my babies, and spending as much time as I can with them healthy and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers