Sunday, June 19, 2011

Five of the luckiest kids I know...





Here are three of them:



You see they grew up with the hardest working father. A man who dedicated himself 100% to every role he ever had; son, brother, friend,husband, father, and eventually Papa. My Dad sometimes thinks he yelled too much looking back, but what I remember most about him is that he always carried me when I was tired, played with us, kept us entertained with stories, made great shampoo hair-dos, did the best Halloween makeup, made great pizzas on Friday nights, was a comedian whose impression of Donald Duck was and is dead on, played a lot of road trip games with us, taught us everything, including how to swim, even though he doesn't know how, built us a family room, two houses after that, and is still building the lake castle(more on that in a later post). Not only was he a builder, but he was a great snuggler. I still remember curling up on the couch and resting my head on his belly instead of a pillow, or him carrying me through Disney or amusement parks when I was sooo tired. I remember all the little things that he did day by day, because I was lucky enough to have him there. Dad, I can't tell you what you mean to me, except to say if I had a Superman...you'd be mine. Thanks for always spinning the earth for us...we do appreciate it! Happy Father's Day Dad!




Two other little people fall among the list of those truly blessed with a Superhero Dad. Do these two look familiar?



I didn't know there could be a man as hard working and motivated as my own father, and yet it seems God lead me to one. These boys have a father who plays with them, chases them everywhere, stays home with them when they are ill, tucks them in everynight, gets them ready for school everyday and drops them off, spends his time being Hulk, or Batman, or whichever hero Z tells him he is. He is a Matt's go to guy in a crisis, and Z's best friend. He is my love, and one of only a few men I trust in the world. My husband grounds this entire family. He is the energy when everyone else is tapped out, he is the arm that holds you when you fall, he is the voice that sings(somewhat off key) to soothe, he is the listener to loads of babbles, and I don't just mean the boys. This man is a prankster who has a laugh that is contagious, and a giving heart and spirit. He is loved, so much by his sons, and his wife, and his puppy who sometimes drives him mad. Wayne, we love you. The boys couldn't ask for a more dedicated role model, and I couldn't ask for a better partner. Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers