Thursday, December 8, 2011

Our Top Five Nighttime Books...











These books are nearly nightly reads around here. One of the things they all have in common is that they are focused around bedtime, well almost all of them. Both of the boys enjoy these books, and I always feel like you can't have enough help in getting kids to settle in. So here they are, five of our must read before bedtime stories:











This book is a classic apparently even though it is NOT one that I remember from my childhood. Both Z and Matt have had this book read to them since they were infants...in fact I am pretty sure Zach can recite most of it by heart. I know its a story I've memorized after the millionth read. NOTE: I wish looking back I'd bought the Board book version, our is torn and falling apart from overuse. Maybe Santa will bring a fresh copy!









I read this book to both of the boys when they were in utero, and hundreds of times since! I can recite it at the drop of a dime, and it never gets old. There is something so charming about these little pajama animals. The only part of the book I still can't figure out is why they take a bath, and then go up to exercise!







This book is one of Matt's favorite. He has been saying Llama since he was about 1 1/2 which is just adorable! Speaking of adorable... I absolutely love this wide eyed little llama. We also have some other llama books, but this is one of our favorites. The illustrations are beautiful and it has the perfect ending of letting the main character settle in and drift off to sleep!






Marvin K is another family favorite. Both of the boys have always enjoyed this imaginative story where a little boy rides bumbleboats and on a lion's tail. When it comes to reading a children's book, Dr Seuss is a must!




And finally:
This probably wouldn't make everyone's top 5, but it makes Zach's! He absolutely loves anything Hulk and it is the one book he picks out of the masses at least 5 times a week. I guess it goes to show when they have a passion go with it!


I'm always looking for great bedtime stories, so please post a comment with your top choices, so I can add to our ever growing collection!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers