Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day and Baptism Photos

Since I already told you in my last post what we did on Mother's day , I figured I would just share a picture of my Mom and say one more time how very much I love her. She is truly the most remarkable woman in the world, and if I turn out to be half the Mom she's been, my sons will be very lucky little boys. I love you Mom, and I hope you enjoy your new bracelet, even if it is a bit too big:


Saturday we had Matt's baptism. Even though it's traditional to have a godmother and a godfather, we opted to have two godmothers. Wayne's older sister Lisa, was a great choice since she is always so loving towards the boys. She is always offering to help watch them, or bake them delicious cakes, and she never misses an opportunity to make them feel special. My best friend Jenn is like a 2nd sister to me, so it was only natural that I would ask her to be the godmother to my 2nd born. She is one of the most compassionate and giving people I know, and one of the people I know will be there for me and my boys no matter what. Matt is super lucky to have these special ladies as his god moms and I know they will both always be there to support him. Here he is with his godmothers:



I tried to get some pictures of my boys together at home before the service, but this was the best I could do. Z and Wayne were dressed in suits, so cute, and Matt was wearing the same outfit Z wore on his baptism day. The only difference was Z was baptized in August on an 80 degree day and Matt's baptismal day was 50 degrees and felt like a hurricane was on it's way. Once we were inside though, I don't think Matt minded having on shorts:


Matt was cranky on our way to the church, but he seemed to perk up once we got inside. He was really well behaved throughout the service, probably because he was enjoying cooing to his Aunt Lisa, as he pulled her hair. When it was time for the big moment, we were all apprehensive, was he going to cry or not?


Even though his eyes went wide with surprise at the water on his head, Matt took the process in stride, by the look on all of our faces we were all relieved and happy when the moment had passed without incident:

And speaking of crying, we did try to get some family pictures, but this was the best we could do:Things went a little smoother when we substituted Jack for Zach:And both boys almost cooperated when Uncle Nick stood with me:Here is a picture of Matt with his grandparents and parents:


I didn't get pictures of Matt with all of the people there to share in the day, but that was due to a meltdown by a certain toddler we love. I would like to thank Uncle Ryan(great camera work), Aunt Olivia, and Scott and Grant for sharing in the day, even after your loss that same day. I would also like to thank my sister Aunt Lisa, Uncle Mike Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Dan(great photography)for all being there to celebrate with us.

I think it is only fitting to thank my parents as well for allowing us to have the dinner following the ceremony at their home, since our electricity went out an hour before the baptism. Seriously, I called my Mom and said, can I have the party at your house only an hour before we left for church, she didn't hesitate to say Of course. You two really are such blessings in my life. It ended up being a great party, with good food, delicious cake, and a little boy all smiles as his Christian life begins:


1 comment:

  1. All of these pictures look great! I especially love the one of your nephew standing in for Zach! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers