Sunday, May 9, 2010

So much to say...

There has been quite a bit of excitement around these parts the last couple of days. Matt was baptized Saturday, the house is nearly up, and getting ready for roofing and drywall, and today was of course Mother's Day.

I promise I will fill you in on all of these topics with pictures and posts, but for tonight I will just recap my day.

This morning I slept till 9:30 which was a gift in and of itself. I was also surprised with a very thoughtful gift of a sweatshirt from my college Alma mater. I won't be posting that since I think you have to be just a little cautious with how much information you put out on the web. I will say that for the last 14 years I have been wearing the sweatshirt that I bought at freshman orientation, and I think both my sons and my husband thought I deserved a little better than a lounge around sweatshirt that has holes in the sleeves, and the lettering missing. It's sad that I kept it this long, but I think now that I have a replacement I will have to part with it. (I don't want to end up on Hoarders in 20 years)

We had a lovely brunch at my sister's house and gave my Mom her gift, a Pandora bracelet from all of us. I will say her reaction was priceless. She really had no idea that we were getting her that gift. I would also like to say I think my sister is truly remarkable. She works all week, eight, nearly nine months pregnant, and then takes the time to whip up a delicious brunch after a weekend of gatherings. Did I mention that she is also a wonderful gardener, an eco friendly composter, and a mother to a very energetic 3 1/2 year old. I am sure that my niece, Emma, knew what she was doing when she picked her as her Mommy. (See, she's a smart girl already!)

I want to wish a very special Mother's day to: my Mom, who is my best friend and greatest teacher, my sister who is my excellent adventure and an inspiration, My Mother-in-law Alice who is the sweetest 2nd mother I could ask for, my sister in law Lisa who is a dynamo in all she does, my sister in law Olivia who has embraced her role as Mom with total love, my BF Jenn who is embarking on her journey into parenting, my sister in law Cheryl who is the most doting Mom to her fur-baby Leah(with another on the way),my grandmothers(I miss you)my aunts, my cousins, my friends, my cyber friends, and of course that means you.

I will be back when I can to post pics from our life soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers