Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Continuing the Q and A's...

One of my other loyal readers Chelsi from a great blog, The Washington Weedons asked me three questions that I am going to try to answer all in this one post.

First up- What does your husband do?

Well without being too specific, my husband is an outside sales rep for a building industry manufacturer's company. What does that equate to? A lot of time on his phone, in his car, a lot of talking and paperwork, a lot of hours. In some ways I wish it was a 9-5 job, but trust me, that is not how my husband works. He is a workaholic, he actually likes his job even though it tries and sometimes succeeds in taking over his life. He operates on all cylinders all the time, taking phone calls, pages, emails whenever they show up even if it is 10 pm. My attitude, "let them wait", his attitude, "If I don't answer the next sales rep will." I think I balance him in some ways, forcing him to try to breath, try to realize that no matter what the pay or accolades, it is after all a job and not a life. The fact that he gets that, makes the time to be with our boys, and truly be present with us for part of each day, is what I value far more than the possessions and perks he provides us with. (Don't get me wrong though, I do love beautiful things and feel blessed to have a man in my life that works so hard to give them to me and our children) So what does my husband do? Everything he can, with all that he is, all the time! Love you honey, now go relax!

What sort of music do I listen to?-

I am eclectic at best in my musical choices. I love classic rock, country, pop, most things but rap and heavy metal. You never know if you'll find The Rolling Stones, Patsy Cline, Taylor Swift, Elton John, The Foo Fighters,The Black Crowes Cds of musicals, or Dave Matthews blaring on my radio. I love love songs, the sappier the better, and have been known to cry in my car often while listening. I love songs that make me want to get up and go, and songs that let you feel the emotions. I am pretty open to music, and try to give all things a shot, although I am not a person who is constantly surrounded by it. I have no IPOD, I do not often listen to the radio. I find a lot of times now, if I can I'd prefer silence to the pounding of beats in my head....I guess its because I listen to a lot of pounding of little feet around me all day long.

Do I still live in the town I grew up in?

Yes. I would say I spent 30 yrs out of my nearly 32 years in the same zip code. I am not adventurous when it comes to leaving home or jetting off to live in other parts of the country. All the people I love, or at least 95% of them live within a 20 mile radius of me. I can't see home being anyplace but near the family I was born into and married into surrounding me.

Well Chelsi, thanks for the questions. I hope I answered them all.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job!!! My mom has been a Realtor for as long as I can remember... Much like your Hubby she is always available to her clients because it is so true, if she doesn't answer her phone some other Realtor will! :)

    I spent a year out of my home town... I don't think I'll do that again! Ha!

    Fun answers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers