Thursday, July 8, 2010

A destination my sons must see...

Since I opened up my Q&A session, Jen from http://www.littlebabyaddison.blogspot.com/ was kind enough to join in and ask me a few questions. In fact a few months ago, Jen had a little Q&A's on her blog and I really enjoyed reading her responses. Jen, I think you inspired me!

Jen asked me a few questions, and I will get to everyone of them, but I will start with the one that I asked her a month ago, and she kindly returned the favor.

Question: What is your favorite vacation destination? Is there one place you think your boys have to visit in their lifetime? Any special trip you would like to take them on?
What is your favorite vacation destination?

I should begin by saying that I have been extremely blessed when it comes to traveling. As a kid my parents took us to Disney five times at least, on three cruises, to California, we also saw a lot of sites by motor home(Myrtle Beach, Virgina Beach), and they have given us a great little cottage on the lake. In my adult life I have traveled to Vegas(my parents took us there too), to Hawaii, Jamaica, Hilton Head, The Bahamas, Cape Cod and The Outer Banks. I have been blessed. Of all of these places, I don't really have a favorite! Its actually the people I travel with that make it my favorite trip. There is always beauty to see, but it only seems important when you have the people you love surrounding you and sharing in it. I like places that blend relaxation with education/adventure, and I love vacation food. I mean when else can you justify eating out for days on end?

Is there one place you think your boys have to visit in their lifetime?
Yes...it also happens to be a trip I have yet to make. I think my sons must travel to Europe, and beyond if possible at some point in their lives. America is a relatively young nation, and I want them to see history, The world's, their family's beginnings. For that reason I would love for them to head to Greece

I mean when you think history you can't help but think about Greece:
Of course I'd want them to see London, England

and Paris,France on their trip: I'd want them to stop and take in the castles and countryside of Ireland, my grandmother's homeland:

They may end up stopping in Germany, and Poland as well. I know I would if given the chance, but of all the places I want them to see in Europe, I would choose for them to head to Italy, the place that my Papa and Grandma came from, a country that is rich in beauty and culture, and is filled with artistic treasures. I would want them to venture to Rome:



To Venice:

And of course to Tuscany:

I dream of heading to Italy one day myself, and I know in my heart that I want my sons to see the beauty of that country.


If I could pick just one more place for them to see, I would wish for them to see Egypt(I know it is not in Europe). When you think of historic significance and beauty, these visions float in my head:
They may not make it on all of these trips, but I feel they need to make it to at least one of these places in their lifetime.

Any special trip you would like to take them on?
This might sound cliche, but if they never see another castle in their life, I vow I will take them to see this one:

Because if push came to shove, I think I would have to say some of my favorite vacations were the ones we took to Disney World. I love it there, and I always feel like I have come home when I visit. There is such magic in walking the streets with so many of your childhood "Friends" like these guys:I can only imagine how much Z and Mattie(and Wayne, whose never been) will love their trip there...it almost makes me giddy just thinking about it.

Well I will be sure to keep answering Jen's questions, but feel free to join in, if you have anymore for me.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I'm tired just looking at all of that travelin'! ;)

    Hubbs & I have been lucky in our travels too. Him more so than me. He's been on 10 or so cruises, New Zealand, Scotland, all over the caribbean, etc. I have been to Mexico several times, Disneyland and the Caribbean. I can't wait to travel more... but I'm lazy! I love to go and veg on vacation! Because of that, I'm not ready (we don't have the funding either, ha!) to do Europe. I want to spend some time traveling in the US too. I've never been East of Arizona! Crazy! I want to go to NYC, New England and some of the places you mentioned! I have read that the Outer Banks are cool!!!

    That turned into a very long comment! I asked you some Qs on the original post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to see some of Europe too...but I am not a good traveler. I HATE flying with every fiber of my being and the whole traveling process gets me anxious and stressed. Once I am to my destination...I am good to go. I just think someone would need to drug me and push me to and from the plane in a wheel chair to make it happen. haha! But I really would love to go to Germany to see family and to Italy for a romantic Tuscany trip. Ah... Great answer Amy! Can't wait for you to get to the rest of my questions :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers