Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I heart Etsy...

Recently I discovered a new place to shop. If there is one thing I love to do, it's shop! In my travels through blogland, I've come across some great blogs with tons of ideas, stories, images, and information. One blog I read a few weeks ago showed a "Family Rules" sign from a shop in Etsy. The shop that designed the sign was Barn Owl Primitives, and I immediately fell in love with the concept. I wanted one of these signs to be a reminder to me and my family everyday about what was important. I ended up ordering one of the signs on the spot, and I am so glad I did. The sign arrived yesterday, and I just love it. I hung it in my laundry room so that anytime we exit or enter the house we will see it! Here is my new sign:

It is just perfect for my laundry room! In fact I was inspired to try to make that space more inviting after buying the sign so I ended up ordering a vinyl wall design to go in there as well from another Etsy store Openheart Creations. I just love the playfulness of the sign:

Most people might not use their washer and dryer as a starting point for design, but these machines I LOVE, LOVE LOVE! Even though we have been in our new house almost 7 months, it is just now starting to feel settled. Slowly but surely these spaces are starting to have the touches of home. Here is the final look:
So readers do you have a favorite Etsy site? If so share please. I have a lot of other great shops I found in my travels for Zach's 3rd birthday party, but that will have to wait for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers