Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Birthday Part Part II...Celebrate!



Zach was really excited for his third birthday, not only because he got cake and cupcakes, but because all of his favorite people were in one place to celebrate. It is awesome having 5 boys in the families ranging from 7-1 and they all really enjoy each other. Getting them together is always entertaining. They love to run and play with each other, which makes picture taking a bit tricky. Here are some photos from the day:


Zach and Grandma Alice looking at the awesome Hulk cake:
And while Zach and Grandma Alice shared a moment, Matt got to do what he loves best...monopolize Grandma's attention: (She doesn't look at all like she minds...and trust me, he was attached to her hip almost all night!)

At dinner I was finally able to get a picture of four out of five of the boys:


And I could never forget to post a picture of my adorable little nieces, who just happen to be the sweetest little girls ever: After dinner Aunt Lisa helped organize the party activity. Cape decorating. I was so thrilled to get all of the kids their own capes to decorate from a great shop on Etsy. The kids(and parents) had a blast, and even Emma and Averie were able to get in on the fun.


The boys were so intense as Lisa explained what they were going to do:



As you can see, an adult per child was needed though to help with creating the capes.




The older boys made their own, but I helped Z and Matt with theirs. Ok...I made Matt's and then just put it on him for a picture...in my Mom's arms of course:





I was able to get a picture of Grant, Jack and Zach showing off their capes...actually they were temporarily entranced by Peter Pan (Thanks for that addition to our Disney vault Grams):





Then I snapped a shot off all the boys in their superhero capes:





Just before they powered up:

Averie also wanted to show off her cape after making it with Mommy:

Then it was time to sing "Happy Birthday"! I love that Zach joined in and sang to himself...it was sweet:



I also can't help but smile that Wayne and I are both trying to help blow out Zach's candles...I guess it goes to show, we just both want to make sure all of his wishes come true:


After we sang, everyone dug in, and I'd love to share pictures of the cake eating, present opening and other fun we had, but my camera went dead. For all of my planning I forgot to charge my camera battery before the party...oh well! I am sure my family will be happy to share the hundreds of pictures they snapped during the evening.

Thank you again everyone for coming and celebrating Zach's day!

1 comment:

Followers