Monday, March 14, 2011

Just in case...

Anyone is wondering where I am. No I have not been abducted. No there is no major illness that has come to my family. No I have not given up blogging. No major life changes, all is basically status quo.

All, that is, except for the fact that I am in a grading haze. An enjoyable, but time consuming one. Apparently there is a reason why most teachers do not assign 10 poems and a reflection to over a hundred and twenty kids. That reason is because they are smart enough to realize that in order to grade them they have to read and respond to over a thousand poems. Maybe it doesn't sound intimidating, but it is. I have to be very gentle about my critique and very high on praise or these students may never long to write poetry again, and what a shame that would be.

I am working my way through a very high stake of papers, all while trying to work during the day, spend time playing and nurturing my sons at night, and then in my "me" time I am in the midst of poems.

It won't last forever, I know that! But,hopefully you'll come back when I am done, and I'm ready to be creative with more than just my comments to my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers