Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Leprechaun Story...A Little late

Now that the the grading fog has lifted, I wanted to share a funny story from this past week.

On Thursday I went to pick the kids up at school and all Z could talk about was how the "lep- pre- chins" had made a big mess. He was pretty animated about the whole thing and I had no clue what he was talking about, but I thought his pronunciation of leprechaun was pretty funny. The whole ride home, he kept telling me how his room was all messed up yesterday and he had to clean it up, "Right Mommy?" It was all a little baffling, but I played along.



When we got home the kids got to doing what they do best, run through the house and and rip out as many toys in a matter of five minutes that they can get their hands on. It is actually amusing to see who takes more toys out these days, Matt or Zach. I did what I do best in those first few minutes home. I unpacked from the day, look at the boys' artwork, and read the notes of the day sent home from school.




According to Matt's teacher, Matt had had a wonderful day, and had seen his brother on the playground. He wanted to go over to him, but I guess he was too scared to go by the big kids. Aside from that, he had enjoyed circle time and playing with bubbles.




Zach's teacher had written: We had a great day today, making Shamrock collages in the am. Then we went out to play and the Leprechauns messed up our room. We had to spend time cleaning up all the Shamrocks they left behind. It was great fun!




Oh...light bulb!




There really had been Leprechauns that had made a mess of Zach's room...his school room, and he had helped clean up, not yesterday, but today. Apparently this is a popular "game" in schools for St. Patrick's day, but I was clueless. The best part of the story is that at some point in the day, they had colored in Leprechaun outfits made out of paper bags. I of course had to see Z dressed up as a Leprechaun:


Not to be outdone, I discovered that Matt also had some Leprechaun wear from school:

Actually I think Matt's hat looks more like a green pilgrim hat than a Leprechaun hat, but hey I'm no artist either!

While I was taking this picture of Matt however my other little leprechaun disappeared. I found him tearing everything out of the toy box in the play room. When I asked him what he was doing, he looked at me and innocently said, "I'm a leprechaun, I'm messing up the room, that's what Leprechauns do!" All I could do was laugh. I don't know about you, but I knew leprechauns were mischievous little creatures, I just didn't realize they could be so darn funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers