Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Our newest addition...

Patience is not really a virtue around this house. We think of something, and usually within weeks my husband finds a way to make it happen. We have been talking about getting a play set since last fall. Since we had just moved into our house and Zach was two, and Matt 6 months, it didn't seem all that necessary. We thought we would wait till a good deal came along, and six months later...it did!



We were able to get a Rainbow play set on a major deal...which is the only way I think someone can justify buying one, and we are just thrilled with it. I was able to convince Wayne that neither he nor everyone we know had time to set aside for a battle to put together a play set, so he conceded and the set up crew delivered and installed our play set today!


The irony is, that it rained all day, so the best we could do was let the boys' stare at their new play set from the kitchen window. They were both really excited, I think Matt even uttered an "Ooh" of delight! It really is sort of pretty...and it makes our yard feel like a kids' yard. I am so excited to have something outdoors that the boys can play with that isn't near the street! I can't wait to get our deck this year(fingers crossed) and be able to feel like my yard is usable space, not just a field of grass. Now if only we could win the lottery and fence in our yard, it would be ideal! Oh well, as my parents always tell me, if you get things too fast you don't appreciate them. So for the moment I am savoring the play set, the possibilities, and the fact that, for this season anyhow, it won't need to be stained to look good!


Here is where I hope I will be spending quite a bit of my summer days on and around:
Looks fun doesn't it? I hope the boys have as much fun on their play set as I had on my. True, my dad built mine for us with a house on the top, and a balcony, but as the mother of two boys...I never underestimate the ability to see exactly what they are doing at ALL times. I am pretty sure Mattie is going to try to climb up the slide all day, and Z will be a rock climbing pro by week's end. I myself...well I am and always will be a swing girl. Now if only these April showers would pass, maybe we could get outside and enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. It looks awesome! I don't remember ever having a playset... I don't think I did. And, I'm a swing girl too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers