Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring break...more like spring sucks!

OK. I know I don't live in the South, or in the tropics, but just once it would be nice if the weather wasn't so sucky! I mean seriously people, do you remember that swing set I showed you a week ago? Well that was about the last time we were on it. Because between the rain and snow we've been getting, being outside just isn't really an option. Oh yes...you read that right, SNOW! See: Your totally thinking Spring right now aren't you?
















The best part of this week is the fact that I am home with the boys. Aside from that good news, I started the week with a trip to the dr. On Monday both Matt and I went to the dr. Turns out I don't have an ear infection, but Matt has two! This wouldn't be such bad news if it wasn't his fouth double ear infection since February, and with the frequency of the infections, it looks like a trip to the ENT is in order. I don't want to get too upset, and I know if he needs tubes than thats what we will do, but I am just looking at the appt as a getting informed meeting, not a lets schedule surgery meeting. Surgery on your small child, even minor, is a scary thought!

Since we pretty much limited our outings in the last day we stayed home today, and enjoyed a visit with Grandma, who is also feeling a bit under the weather. I think we all have the same cold!




For our evening activity we decorated Easter eggs. Zach had a blast doing it. I found some really cool kit where he could roll on the dye. I also went with some PAAS dipping cups for variety. While Zach was prepping for the decorating, Matt was melting down:





Apparently, Matt was really curious to see what Zach was working on, and he wanted in. Dad brought Mattie over for awhile while Z started his egg masterpieces:




Matt and Mommie dropped some eggs into the cups for decorating, while Wayne and Zach worked on finer pieces:

Zach was sure to show off each of his finished pieces. He had a blast painting the eggs. His hands were a mess, but it was a ton of fun watching him.










Matt was equally excited to get his hand on his finished product. He was fascinated by the egg and keep holding it saying "ball".




He must have figured out it wasn't a ball though, because he tried tasting it.









He was so proud of his involvement this year. Both of the boys had fun...well until Matt really melted down and needed to head to bed(note the pjs!)






When all was said and done, we decorated some really "pretty" eggs. Don't you think?



I do look forward to the egg salad they will make in the coming days though! Hopefully I'll get a chance to Hop on again before Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Matt...he is just like my little B...always melting down when he can't join the big kid fun. Ha! Your eggs look great though! What cute kits! I think Dana and I are going to get together Thursday and let the kids decorate some eggs. I am excited for the deviled eggs my mother-in-law will make out of them. YUM!! If I don't talk to you sooner, have a very HAPPY EASTER with your boys!

    P.S. Spring sucks a** here too. I mean really...36 degrees in April? Not cool.

    ReplyDelete

Followers