Monday, April 25, 2011

A look back on Easter...





The trouble with waiting days(almost a week) to post is two fold- One, I have way more images and stories than I can share in a single post, and two I am losing followers left and right I am sure! So I will get right to Easter morning. The Easter bunny did not disappoint, he definitely spoiled the boys again this year, and this doesn't include the Easter baskets from the Grandmas and Papa, not to mention the gifts from the aunts and uncles. These boys are definitely blessed, not for the gifts, but for all the people who think of them, and go out of their way to make their days so special.




The boys were up bright and early on Easter at 6:50 a.m. I would have loved to have slept in, but as we all now when kids want to see what the bunny has brought them their is no stopping them. Zach's basket was "hidden" among some of his other toys, but the bunny was kind enough to drop off Matt's basket by his chair. Fortunately I was able to sneak in a shot of the baskets on delivery, because Matt tore into his before I even had the camera out!










Zach's basket:

Matt's basket:


Matt's big boy basket didn't quite make it here this year, mostly because some Easter Bunny forgot to order it early!



The morning was spent, looking for eggs, tearing apart baskets, and running around playing. That last part it what makes taking pictures of the boys nearly impossible, but here are a few of my attempts:
Zach enjoyed a healthy breakfast of white chocolate and jelly beans:



While Matt ate chocolate donuts and continued to play with his eggs:

Zach was equally excited about his giant chocolate bunny, and his Angry Bird plush(that deserves a separate post). He even posed for a pic with his Dad:


After a laid back morning in our jammies we headed over to see Grandma Alice, who even though she claimed she cut back on the candy, ended up giving the boys a boatload of it :)


Zach only had one thing to say:

And even though this picture is super blurry. It is the ONLY one I have with me and either of my children.
A quick nap, slight detox from candy, and we were off to Aunt Lisa's house, or as Z calls it Jack's house. I would love to show you pictures of the boys playing, but sugar makes little boys super fast...like Flash Gordon fast!

Thankfully, Emma was too sow this year so I was able to get a picture of her on her 1st Easter with her Gigi:


I did get this one photo of everyone sitting down to dinner, and a picture of Matt with one of his all time favorite people, Grandma.


He also managed to pose for a pic with his go to guy...his Dad:



My Mom was kind enough to take a picture of me with the only boy in my family who would pose with me and smile. Thanks honey!


Hope you all enjoyed your Easter as much as we did!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers