Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bye Bye Curls...









When Zach was 13 months old, I took him for his 1st haircut. Looking back, he didn't really need it, I was just so excited to celebrate that 1st with him. This time around I was dreading it. You see Mattie had(note the past tense) the sweetest little curls at the base of his neck. So I procrastinated on cutting them, because well...he's my baby. But this week after I saw my niece Averie wearing a ponytail I realized I could put one in Matt's hair too, and well...I knew it was time.



So off we went to Supercuts...who needs fancy when they are styling a 19 month old? Zach was overdue for a cut too, so he went first to show his little bro how it was done. Matt was pretty content to run around the salon and test out the chairs.



Then it was Matt's turn. After a pep talk from Dad:Matt was ready to sit in the chair(note the appreciation on his face)He was happy to pose with Zach and Daddy before the cut(I love how they are both smiling at the PYT(Prince reference) instead of their Mom...oh well at least my hubby gave me his smile!)Matt told his stylist what he wantedAnd the haircut got underway.




Matt did really well for the most part, largely due to Smartie's I bribed him with throughout the haircut.


In the end the only thing that really changed, is Matt no longer has those curls, or a mullet, depending how you look at it. (For some reason Matt looks like he's balding in the pic below, I think I have a smudge on my lens, his hair is thin, but not that thin in the back)



We decided to treat both of the boys, and ourselves, to some Cold Stone to celebrate the moment!


In the end, my boys look super cute, curls or no curls!


Oh, and speaking of big transitions, Matt is without his pacifier. Its gone for good, and I so pleased the transition has gone relatively smoothly. He really is becoming a big boy...now all we need to do is get him potty-trained!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers