Monday, August 15, 2011

Birthdays: Part I

Like I've said there have been quite a few birthdays around here. In fact just yesterday my niece Averie celebrated her 1st in spledid style(more on that in Part II)










Since Lisa's and Jack's birthday are just four days apart, it seems like we haven't celebrated just HER birthday in years. So this year I baked her some cupcakes of her very own. It was nothing spectacular, but Lisa, myself, my Mom and the kids had a luncheon and cupcake day.


And since I may have been lame last year and forgotten to get my sis a gift, I spoiled her with a really cute personalized necklace from The Vintage Pearl (http://www.thevintagepearl.com/)



These necklaces are gorgeous, so if you don't have one, head over and check out the website, but be warned I know I couldn't stop myself from buying one for me too!



A few days later...my nephew Jack turned 5! The party was awesome, mostly because the kids were in love with Jack's new birthday present from Grandma and Papa, an inflatable waterslide/pool! This thing was the hit of the party:



Zach was quick to go down the slide:





While Mattie took more off a laid-back approach...well for a few minutes(please don't mind his head gear...its all an attempt to keep water out of his ears, and one little boy healthy!)


The party was great, but busy, which might be why I don't have a ton of pictures of the party. I did manage to get some of the birthday boy blowing out his candles



And opening a few presents...ok there were a ton of presents:



Then on his "real" birthday we headed to a bounce house place for some fun...but my battery died on my camera, so this shot will have to suffice: It's actually very fitting...Jack is the leader, and these two boys will follow him anywhere...just hopefully Jack doesn't ask them to head off any bridges anytime soon! :)



Stay tuned to part II of Birthdays...my Dad's 60th and Averie's 1st!


1 comment:

  1. YOu have been one busy lady too! Looks like the birthday party was great. That water slide is AWESOME! Our neighbors had one up this summer and I have been looking around for some on clearance for next year. Great way to entertain without leaving your fenced in backyard. Ha! Oh, and I LOVE the necklace you got for your sis. Such a sweet gift :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers