Thursday, August 18, 2011

Birthdays:Part II




My father celebrated his 60th birthday this year. I would love to tell you that he relaxed and enjoyed every moment of his day, but lately his time has been consumed by working to complete my parent's(and family's) dream lake house. Isn't it gorgeous? You should see it now...of course I forgot my camera the last time I went, but I promise to post a completed exterior pic soon!


My dad spends basically all the moments he isn't working at his "day" job on finishing off this house. To say that this place has been a labor of love on my Mom, Dad's and brother's part is an understatement. Even though he is busy we managed to make time for a pizza party at my folks home, including these delicious cupcakes that my sister whipped together that afternoon.



There was no fancy dinner out, or a big celebration. My dad spent his 60th in the company of all of his favorite people,or so I like to think :), and ate dinner surrounded by 4 very special members of our family:60 years ago...only two people existed...look at all they've accomplished:I wonder what he's wishing for in the next 6o yrs...



Some might think rest, or quiet, but they don't know my Dad. More than likely he's wishing for a lot more years of living life on his own terms, which is what he does best. I love you Dad, and I hope you enjoyed your 60th!


(I still have one more August birthday left...but I am waiting till she's officially one)


Up next...family fun days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers