Saturday, August 13, 2011

No...I haven't given up

I have been on a blogging hiatus. It wasn't so much intentional as it was serendipitious. The thing is summer is short, and the days are long, so its go go go most of the time. I've found the kids are up with the sun, at 7 and don't seem to want to go to bed till the sun goes down around 9. That said, very few hours are left in the day for me to recharge. On good days both the boys nap at the same time and I have an hour or two to get some things done. Those things have been read, finish craft projects, talk to friends without someone screaming in the background, read other people's blogs, get housework done; because its a lot easier to fold laundry without a toddler "helping" or put away the dishes without a 20 month old trying to crawl in. You see I haven't given up posting, I just haven't prioritized it.

My husband checked the blog the other night and said, "So you've given up blogging?" I was like, "No!" The thing is I'm blog material overloaded. Life has been so full in the last month that I'm not sure where to start. We've celebrated my nephew's 5th birthday, my sister's birthday,my Dad's 60th, been to countless outings with friends, ventured to a waterpark/resort for the day with family, had numerous outdoor adventures, had house projects underway, had a great run-in dinner, been to see the Lake house coming together and the list goes on and on.

You see I am not avoiding blogging. I have not given up on sharing our stories, I have merely been on summer break, but I will be getting back into it, right after I wade through my hundreds of pictures I've taken in the last few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers