Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Have you ever been BOOed?

This afternoon Wayne came home to find a little bag of goodies on our porch. We had noticed these signs up in some of our neighbors houses over the course of the last few days, but thought it must be something to do with the school. As it turns out it is some sort of Halloween tradition where neighbors leave treats for each other, ring the bell and run. I have never been part of this BOOing game, or the Halloween Phantom as my neighborhood is calling it. Here is the poem that came attached to our phantom image:



The Phantom Ghost has come to town,


To leave you some goodies, I see you've found.


If you do not wish a curse to fall,


Continue this greeting, this Phantom call.




Post this Phantom where it can be seen,


Leave it there until HALLOWEEN.


This will scare away other Phantoms that may want to visit.


Be sure to participate, don't be a "fis-bidget!"





Make two treats, two Phantoms and two notes like this.


Deliver them to two friends who may have been missed.


Don't let them see you, be sneaky no doubt.


Make sure they put their Phantom Ghost out.





You have only one day to act, so be quick.


Leave it at doors where the Phantom has not yet hit.


Deliver at dark when there is no light.


Ring the doorbell and run, stay out of sight!





Happy Halloween!






Aside from the fact that I had to make a last minute trip to Target, I think the whole thing is a little weird, but sweet...literally and figuratively. I think my first BOOing baskets turned out cute:

Well I'd love to stay and chat, but this Phantom has some baskets to deliver!

1 comment:

  1. We moved in May & this happened to us this weekend! Our poem is different but same idea! I love it. Our last neighborhood was the type where neighbors hardly wave so I like that this promotes friendliness. :) I did feel creepy on Saturday night dropping off my treats at 2am after I got off work! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Followers