Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Posting

It seems that every blog I've read this week, had a post similar, and since I already have fallen so far behind, I thought I better sneak in this pumpkin picking post today before Halloween. Otherwise, I will be so overwhelmed with pictures, I'll never get around to documenting our family outing.














For the past two years we have gone to a pumpkin festival of sorts with friends. This year our hectic month of October put a wrench in any sort of weekend outing to a Pumpkin Festival. We had two weddings, three birthday parties, and so our only chance would have been this weekend, except today we had a neighborhood Halloween party, ect. ect. It just didn't happen this year, but I will try my best to make sure we get to go again next year. Instead our weekend consisted of Dr visits, instead of exploring, and hunkering in, instead of venturing out. Matt has yet another ear infection, and so a new round of antibiotics are underway. Fortunately, he is back to a better version of himself today, even if my poor baby went through hell to get his blood taken. Who knows what awaits that little guy, I just pray they figure out what's wrong and fix it.


On a brighter note, one a shade of orange, we were able to take a family trip to a few pumpkin patches, so we could stock up for carving. Here is a picture of Matt checking out the pumpkins and wondering, why he isn't able to run around like Zach:
Zach loves Halloween, and he really loves looking for pumpkins. What he like more though, is looking for fish...I mean seriously, I thought he was going to climb in this pond at one point:


Unfortunately our first stop didn't have large enough pumpkins, so we headed off to another stop. I must say, I liked the atmosphere of our 2nd stop better, and since it was partly indoors, Matt was even able to get out and participate. (Translation:Matt is smart, quick, and stubborn- If he wants to go he goes. I am overprotective, nervous, and not a fast runner- I know the limits of where I can put him without losing my mind or having a panic attack)



Here we are at the 2nd pumpkin patch- I love the decor, and I also think it is kind of spooky that there is a cemetery behind us:



And just to prove that sometime Zach almost looks at the camera:Inside we loaded up the cart with pumpkins. Zach picked his:


Then Matt made a selection:




While Zach took his time making sure he had made the right choice:





Matt ran like a wild man through the rows:





I finally tried for the "money" shot of my two boys, But this was the best we could do:




While Matt lounged in his car seat drinking some apple juice, Zach helped Dad load the loot-He really wanted to smile for the camera, but he wasn't about to take his eyes off the pumpkin to do it:


It was a wonderful day, and I was so happy that Matt was smiley, Zach had fun, Wayne got his pumpkins, and I got some quality time with my three favorite guys. Stay tuned to see the Halloween posts...Oh and,Hulk says you have to come back soon, or he'll "Smash" you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers