Thursday, November 18, 2010

Matching...

When I found out I was having a second son, 21 months after my first, I knew picture time was going to be tricky. You see, I'm 14 months younger than my sister, and growing up we can be seen in more than a few photos wearing the same outfit. To be fair, often times they were different colors, and probably more than likely we wanted the same things, so it wasn't really a big deal. Its just that sometimes when I see those photos I wonder, were people wondering why we were dressed like twins? Did they think I was just more petite or headed for dwarfism? I am not sure what they thought, but with two sons I am faced with a challenge come picture time.


To match or not to match? This is a tough one for me. If they were twins, or triplets as these lovely girls are, I would think it was adorable to match them:
So cute right? But sometimes the matching thing, just looks a little off. Take this next photo as an example:
And then there are those clear cut moments when anyone should realize that the matching has gone a little too far:

Like I said, the matching outfit thing is tricky. So tomorrow when we head off for the boy's Christmas photo they will have the same sweaters on, but in different colors. This way they look coordinated, but not like I am trying to pawn them off as twins, or as clones of each other(although that would be tough since Z is so fair and Matt is dark) It will be interesting though since we are going to do a grandkids shot with Emma and Jack and Matt and Jack are wearing matching outfits!

So tell me readers how do you feel about matching outfits?

1 comment:

  1. I try my hardest to find matching outfits for the girls...even though I thought I wouldn't. It only works for holidays though...too hard for just every day clothes. The girls got matching outfits as a gift from Gymboree and they will wear them for Thanksgiving. And I got them matching dresses for Christmas as well. Never thought I'd do it, but I love it! I'll post pictures soon of them!

    ReplyDelete

Followers