Tuesday, November 2, 2010

No Razzle, No Dazzle, Just Frazzle...

I have 160 pics from Halloween and pumpkin carving. I am in two of them, Matt is in four of them, 40 of them are the pumpkins, Wayne made it in about 10 and the rest belong to Zach.


I really wish I had the energy to figure out a clever post. I really wish that my baby hadn't been sick for 4 days. I really wish that same little boy hadn't spent the next 36 hours crying all the time, four of which were in the dead of the night. I really wish I had a magical way of making Matt smile these days. Instead I took him to the dr's tonight, and guess what, there is nothing wrong. I really wish I had been able to feel 100% relieved when I heard that. Instead I felt like I was going to cry. What no magic pill to take away his tantrums, his agony, his miserable attitude. Their guess, he's teething. No shit people, I don't have a degree in medicine and I can see his teeth cutting through. I really wish I was able to get my $20 copay back for that visit, not to mention the deductible that will be billed soon. Instead, I felt like a moron mother, who can't seem to console a teething child. I really wish that I wasn't so tired. Instead of sleeping, I'm writing this post which I am sure will prompt my Mom to be concerned. Sorry Mom, I'm really ok, I'm just venting. I really wish friends that I had something insightful to add to today's post. Instead I will leave you with a picture

I really wish this boy feels better and sleeps the night. Instead he will probably keep me up, and want to be held all day tomorrow. I love a good snuggle, but my back is killing me!

Razzle, dazzle...frazzle!

2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    Hang in there!!! It's so hard to watch a child in pain, but he will never remember, and you will never forget. Remember I am only a phone call away and happy to help in any way I can. Like I said it's hard to see you child in pain, and you are still my baby. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey...I was in this SAME position a week ago. Blake just wanted to be held all day and night and this made Addie super jealous and needy. It was hard. Blake did get magic medicine but it still took another 4 days for him to feel normal again. Don't feel like a bad mama because you can't console a teething child. If there were a way to do so, mom's would be sharing the cure on their blogs. But instead, you see that we are ALL in the same boat. And venting is good, even if you should be sleeping instead. That's just how we feel better :-) Hang in there babe...he will be better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Followers