Monday, January 17, 2011

Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig!

Ok. Technically we have been home for 2 nights, but today was the last day of project drywall. I am thrilled to say that tomorrow I will be able to stay home with my family without random workers in our home. Its funny though, because as much as I missed my house, I did enjoy all of the extra time at my folks. I loved having nap time to talk to my Mom, and it was great to see the boys spoiled with some extra Grandma and Papa time!

Our stay was semi- uneventful...I will have to tell the Vaseline story another day, and I may have almost started a fire in the microwave, but aside from that we made it through unscathed.

Our house however, underwent some major changes, and I LOVE that I no longer have white flat paint surrounding me. Some people love white, and used in moderation it makes for great decor, but I am a color girl. Since I don't think I want to paint these rooms again for the next 20 years or so, I went neutral. Its always tricky to me to balance neutral so it doesn't seem blah!


One area that was vacant was my foyer. For Christmas my parents bought me this demilune table that I love. Unfortunately, as you remember, so did Matt and he pulled it down on himself the first day I had it up. After the walls were painted Wayne secured the table to the wall, so it won't be a hazard, and I quickly went to work trying to find the right pieces to make the space inviting and stylish. I just had to share a pic and get some feedback.

What do you all think of my new foyer?
I'm not sure about the floral arrangement just yet.
I love the vase, but I was wondering do the flowers look alright?
Also would you add something to the right of the table. Perhaps something that is cream to bring the white tones over to the other side? I have my eye on a cream terra cotta pear that would look neat, but I don't want to overcrowd the area.
As an interesting side note, Matt shows no interest in my new decor. Zach on the other hand has been trying to hide behind my vase. Believe it or not, nothing is breakable on that table, and those candles are LED ones. That way I can light them without panic setting in.
Hopefully you'll leave a comment...I've been feeling a little in need of some feedback.
I'm so thankful to be home, and so happy to be back with you!

4 comments:

  1. Love your foyer and I think everything looks great! Glad you're back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look! I would try moving the candles to the other side to balance the cream color and put a family picture on the table! Show off those boys! Or a great wedding shot? Maybe a nice iron looking frame? There's lots of wood going on (which is warm and fabulous!) But a different texture might look nice!

    Ha! I'll be waiting for the vasoline story! And hey, a fire in the microwave? Better than locking yourself out... twice... right?! Haha! I kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to add... love the wall color! And I'm such a sucker for white millwork *sigh* your house looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heather and Chelsi for the comments. It makes me feel loved in blogland!

    Chelsi- I switched the candles to the other side and it really balanced out the look. Great suggestion! I also love the idea of adding a fabulous photo, but I am waiting until little fingers know better. I agree another texture would be fabulous, I went with mostly wood because it isn't breakable. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers