Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sing me a song you're my piano men...

My boys LOVE music. It is actually amazing, because they both just naturally love to dance, and sing, it was one of the first things they liked to do. When we go to my Mom's its my boys that love to run and play her piano and sway their little behinds to their melodies. My Mom has told me that if this keeps up one day they will inherit her piano. Grandma Alice also knew of Zach's love for piano's and this year she bought the boys the cutest little Baby Grand piano for Christmas. It was an instant hit with Matt, and he started playing and swaying day one.

His love has continued to grow for the piano, and often times he'll venture through the house and Wayne and I will hear Matt tickling the ivories. He laughs as he plays, and is so entertained. He's ever learn how to sit on the little stool and play. Just look at how sweet this little virtuso is:


Matt's favorite time to play the piano is when Zach is rocking out on his drums, or guitar. If Zach isn't at the drums...Matt wants to be, and when Matt is at the piano, Zach wants to be. Thank goodness we have instruments galore to keep these two entertained. Every once in awhile the two will confer and Zach will give Matt pointers:Then he'll take over to show how its done: He gets so into his music I've been prone to call him Elton when he plays the piano:
I love that they embrace music. I can say it is wonderful watching them play together, and they use all sorts of instruments:


Obviously they both adore the piano, but they also both love playing the recorder:
And the guitar brings out the rocker in the boys:
But, of all the instruments in our playroom , the one that gets things started is usually the drum set. Matt loves chewing on the sticks and tapping away when he can, and Zach loves going "animal" when he gets behind the set. He is a wildman behind those things, and Matt is his number one fan:
I am pretty sure that I see band practice someday in the future, and I wouldn't be surprised if both the boys end up playing the piano, and the drums. But hopefully not at the same time, right Zach?
You gotta love the creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers