Monday, January 31, 2011

This side of sun-up

As a SAHM, I've had the luxury or hell, of getting up when the kids do. Some mothers probably get up before their children so they can dress themselves and make themselve look presentable. I have to admit when I was at home, I didn't really see the need to apply make-up and put on a sassy outfit just to have someone wipe their hands, or nose, on it. I was not one of those fashion moms and looking back I'm glad I didn't waste the time.

Sleep. It is a word and action that all mother's crave. Sadly I will be functioning on about 2 hrs less of sleep until summer arrives, then its back to the toddler sleeping schedule. What I didn't realize when you get up at 5 in the morning is how quiet it is in the house. How you can watch DVR'd shows without interuption, and how quickly you can dress, feed yourself and be ready to be out the door. I know that as the weeks pass I will be hitting snooze more and more, getting just a little less put together one day at a time, but for today. I am marveling at this side of sun-up and thinking of a Robert Frost line, "Miles to go before I sleep..." Good luck everyone in getting through your miles today. I've got my "race" plan all set, now its just about digging in and getting it done.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Followers