Saturday, January 29, 2011

We're seeing pink...

And lots of it! The boys started back to daycare this week. They were there a total of nine hrs in two days, and BOTH of them not only have PINK eye, but Matt has a double ear infection, and Zach has a super red sore throat, terrible cough and super gross runny nose.

Isn't it funny how Matt has not been on antibiotics once in his 14 months of life, and after only two ventures into daycare, he is on a 10 day regiment. At least this explains his sour mood, and random outbursts. I thought he was just super upset about the changes in his life. Now at least I know it is a combination of at least two things. My poor baby.

Zach woke up this morning, coughing, and complaining about how he can't smell. I felt bad for my little man, who also hasn't been on antibiotics since his last forey into childcare. He looked at me and said, "I don't want to be sick, I want to be healthy!" Break my heart will you!

Aside from the round of antibiotics we are all on our way to a new normal. Once we get through the next week or two, we'll be adjusted into our new routines. I am still sad that my return to work means I won't be spending as much time with my sons, but I also know that change is part of life, and we'll get through it together.

2 comments:

  1. once they have been there for a while they will build up their immune system! Sorry that they got sick so fast. Know on wood Grant has not been sick at all this year but he has also been in school/daycare since he was 13months.....Good luck and I hope they are better soon!!!! PS we were goin to call ya to see if we can come visit, maybe not, we dont want pink eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy...that just plain SUCKS!!!! Sorry the boys are sick and that you have to take care of them AND deal with guilt on top of it :-( But I am also glad that you are slowly working your way into your new routine. In time honey...

    ReplyDelete

Followers