Sunday, May 1, 2011

A tale of two cakes...











Today is Wayne's birthday. It was perfect because Wayne's day is Sunday(actually I say that because he loves football so much) and he turned 34 which has been his hockey number forever...or so it seems! It was actually a really rainy day here, but we did manage a few moments outside, some of which were quite literally moments.



I didn't get a present, because Wayne is tricky to buy for even though he'll say he isn't. I instead told him to pick something out and get it. So far he hasn't made up his mind, but I will guess it will either be golf related, hockey related, jersey related, or some new manly yard tool that will help clutter up the garage! Whatever it is honey, I hope you love it, I put a lot of thought into that gift ;)





There are so many reasons that its important to celebrate birthdays. One of them came over today bearing a very delicious white chocolate raspberry cake. Wayne's Mom came to celebrate with her baby, and all I was thinking was, in some way, maybe we should be giving her the cake...Remember I've been through labor and delivery twice! It was a lovely visit, and a delicious cake, but most importantly it reminded me of how far my husband has come from that little baby Alice held in her arms, to the man we are all blessed to still hold to today.





I mean look at my Three Amigos...and Lennie:




These boys adore their father, and so do I:
He laughs with us(and makes us laugh):
He snuggles with us(and lets us know we are loved):He provides for us, everything that he can (In this instance by serving up some cake!):He's there for important things, like words of advise, listening to stories, or teaching a three year old how to use chopsticks:



Today he listened to us sing to him:But the rest of the year...he does everything he can to make all of our wishes come true:So Honey:Happy 34th Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your two birthday cakes(I did hehe!), and I can't wait to celebrate each and every one of the next 34 with you! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers