Tuesday, September 15, 2009

30 weeks and a trip to the hospital!

Yesterday I had a Dr. apt to check on little Matt. I was expecting a quick visit, in and out in 20 minutes, and home to make dinner and relax with the fam. What I got instead was a scare, an exam, and then told to go to the hospital. Why you might wonder...well because the nurse thought she heard a deceleration in Matt's heartbeat which signals pre-term labor. I wasn't super panicked since I knew I wasn't in labor, but I did get a little scared that Matt might be in distress.



The doctor sent me as a "precaution", and although I knew I had to go just to make sure, I kind of resented the 30 minute drive(I wasn't far enough along to go to the nearby hospital) and the three hours that I had to lay on an extremely uncomfortable examining table. I think the worst part was the table and that my butt kept falling asleep. I was on my own too, which was my own choice. Wayne wanted to come, but my Mom was at work, his mom was at work, and who knows where everyone else was. I didn't get the point of disrupting Zach's day even more(it was a daycare day) in order to have Wayne sit by my side. So I read, and lesson planned, and hit a button every time Matt moved, and made it through.



The best part of my time at the hospital was that I got to fully appreciate Matt's movements. He really is a little mover and shaker and boy is he strong. If its possible I think he might be even more active than Zach. I am pretty sure that I won't be sitting down for 3 or 4 years once I have them both! Oh well...at least that will help with shedding all my pregnancy weight, and the little extra I've been carrying around since my teens! :)



The best news was that Matt was doing perfectly and that everything looked great. It was a big inconvenience, but hey sometimes parenting is. Like when you just want to take a shower, but you can't find the time in the day, or when you want to stop for a coffee, but decide that would be selfish because it will make you five minutes later for pickup of your little one.



At 30 weeks Matt and I have already been to the hospital twice. I figure that by the time I really am in labor, I will be an old pro and so will he. Maybe he'll decide to go easy on me on the big day, and come out much quicker than his brother who took almost an entire 24 hours to make his debut!





Speaking of his adorable older brother, here is a recent picture of Zach taking in the last days of summer. (On dad's shoulder's of course...sorry honey I cropped you out, it wasn't your best shot!)

2 comments:

  1. WHEW!!! So glad you and little Matt are healthy. Most of all, I am glad you knew the whole time that things would be alright and didn't totally go into panic mode :-) 30 weeks already?!!! It is just crazy thinking you are that far along. This little guy is going to be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad everything is fine. No more trips to the hospital until the "big day"

    ReplyDelete

Followers