Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Age of Sentences and a Craft Project!

This weekend flew by...don't get me wrong it had some long moments in there too, but as usual I find its Sunday evening and I get sad thinking about Monday morning and leaving my boy. On Friday we went to the doctors and found out that Zach had a slight case of bronchitis, which may or may not actually be the croup. I am a little concerned that he has been on antibiotics for two days and his cough actually sounds worse. For that reason I am debating whether I should go to work in the a.m. or stay home. Either way, at this point he is no longer contagious to other kids, but I always feel guilty sending him off to daycare...especially when he is not 100%. Then again with all the colds, fevers, and viruses he picks up there, I don't have enough sick days to stay home all the time. :( Oh well...only a few more months till I am home bound!

The story of a sentence:
This evening as I was playing with Zach I heard him ask for his ball. Which goes pretty much, "Ball?" I gave it to him, and he started hitting it around with his mini-hockey stick. I could hear the dog chasing him around, and him hitting the ball, and then I heard, "Drop it Lennie!" At first I continued tidying up the mess he had just left for me, and then I heard it again, "Drop it Lennie!" For a moment I paused and I realized that somewhere in the last month Zach has started putting sentences together. This wasn't the first time I have heard him speak a sentence, he'll say "Love you Mommy/Daddy." "More______ please" and a few other complete sentences, usually with prompting, but this was one of the 1st times I heard him put together a sentence on his own and I was so proud! He is such a little man now!


Aside from nurturing my sickie babies(Wayne has a cold, and he is not a good sick person) I spent the weekend buying items that I need to complete Matt's room and get ready for his arrival. I couldn't find a bookcase that worked in the space I had, it was only about 2-3 feet and it was a narrow space as well, so I bought a two-cubed wood shelf from Jo-Ann's and decorated it myself. I may have gotten a little carried away, seeing as no one will see it when they walk into the room, but I wanted it to be special. Here is a pic of the shelf I painted for Matt. It has all the same colors as his wall does so it ties into the room


Being the book dork I am, I ran out last night after Zach was asleep and bought Matt some of his "own" books for his room. I didn't want to have a shelf, with nothing to put in it!

I am just waiting on a wall shelf, and a few other items and then the room will be ready for its close up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers