Thursday, October 21, 2010

11 months...

Eleven months ago I brought home this little baby:and it seems like only yesterday. And yet, tonight I tucked in this little boy:

I thought the 1st eleven months of Zach's life flew by, until I had Matt. Then I realized those months were slow in comparison to Matt's 1st eleven! Matt is such a joy! Don't get me wrong he is head strong like his momma, and does his own thing like his daddy, but he is adventurous and brave. He is rarely rattled and often times is content to just be in the mix. He loves to be loved, and really gets a kick out of his brother's costumes and constant motion. I love when I find Matt standing and playing at the train table, or see him rolling balls all around the kitchen floor and laughing at himself. His favorite things these days are getting his brother's sippy cups, and standing at the stairs. He is fascinated by climbing, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is a daredevil streak in this boy.


Matt is a great eater, sleeps pretty well(damn those top teeth for taking 4 months to come through) and giggles and laughs often. He is a master crawler, loves to pull up on everything, and is on the verge of putting steps together and walking. Verbally Matt doesn't really say much. He can say "hiiiii" and he will sing with you. He loves to wave and he sometimes says Mama or Dada, but usually is just rambling. I was amazed to find that he can point out some objects in books, like a dog, or the moon. I have a feeling in the next 11 months, Matt will be talking up a storm. I am sure he will want to try to tell his brother what to do one of these days.


Matthew, we love you so much, and I couldn't be happier that you are in our lives. I can't wait to celebrate your 1st year in a few weeks, and I can't wait to see hopefully many many more of them unfold.

1 comment:

  1. My gosh Amy...where has the time gone?!!!! I remember us chatting all pregnant and anxious at this time last year. And now here we are...on the verge of celebrating our babies first birthdays!!! Matt is such a cutie I can hardly stand it! Have a great last month of infancy :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers