Thursday, October 28, 2010

The King and some Parade Pics...

I have a sickness. Here I'll show you:



Yes. I am one of "those" people who torture their loyal friend by dressing them up for Halloween. In my defense I only do it on Halloween, and I can never bear to leave it on for more than an hour. So why do I do it? Well...just look at that picture. It's funny, and he looks so darn cute dressed up. Don't judge me...Lennie already is!


Since I think fair is fair, I am also dressing up this Halloween. Truly I didn't have a choice. Zach was very concerned with what Mommy and Daddy were being this Halloween. So far Daddy hasn't been able to settle on a costume, but I choose a costume that is not only child friendly, but versatile. Here we are as a family at the Halloween parade: In case you can't tell, I am Mrs. Potato Head. Not the most form flattering costume ever, but I think it is funny, and you can change the face out, to transform into Mr. Potato Head. Versatility is a plus, even if other adults tend to stare at you. I wonder what my new neighbors will think when I take the boys door to door, sporting my ensemble.



I guess there is something in my genetic code that makes it acceptable to don a costume as an adult. Just look at my parents:
Yes that is my Mom as a penguin and my Dad dressed as a cross between a rancher and Indiana Jones.



I can tell you that Zach and Jack had a great time being Spiderman together and that Zach thought Grandma's outfit was awesome:








Matt and Emma were content to just show off their 1st Halloween costumes, and be strolled through the parade. Smart kids.


Zach choose to walk most of the way, with his favorite penguin:


It was a lot of fun for the kids and us adults enjoyed the day too! Now hurry up Halloween, because I am already looking forward to taking down the decorations and planning for my Christmas lights!

1 comment:

  1. Lennie & your mom take the cake! Hilarious! Mrs. Potato Head is good too! I ordered a costume online and it didn't work out... I need to come up with something quick or I'll have to be "Gretchen" the beer girl AGAIN! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers