Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkins, Toys and a Walking Baby Boy...

This weekend was hectic, they all seem to be lately. Not only did we get our pumpkins, attend a wedding, celebrate the birthdays of my 7 year old nephew Jason and my mother in law Alice, but Wayne also found time to get a new toy, and Matt decided to put 4 or five steps together. It was an exciting weekend for everyone.


We don't ever do anything easy around these parts. My hubby loves to price shop everything, including pumpkins. We went to three places before we finally got the "deal" he was looking for. I should mention that Wayne is a tad obsessed with pumpkin carving at Halloween. Last year he spent 12 hours carving the pumpkins and by the look of it, he's in for a long haul this year as well. See what I mean?

After that we headed to Jason's party where Zach had a blast crawling around this thing for 30 minutes, while I spent that time having slight panic attacks watching the older kids racing through the tunnels, and dealing with the feeling of terror that occurred every time I lost sight of him in the tunnels for more than 3 seconds. It was a great time for the kids, and Jason looked like he was having a blast. I think he really enjoyed grabbing tickets in the ticket blaster:
And while Zach was busy scurrying around in these tubes,
Matt was busy eating all the pizza he could stuff in his mouth, and gearing up for his 1st walking performance.
(I would love to show you picture of that, but unfortunately my camera's battery was dead, and I haven't gotten the 1st pics of him walking yet...they're coming soon I promise.)


After Jay's party, Wayne got the chance to play with his new toy:


And although I think Wayne's mower is overkill for this 1/2 acre yard:


I can't deny how happy it made him:


I'd love to share pics from our dinner with Grandma Alice, but like I said the camera was dead(I think she voodoo tricked the camera because she hates pictures. I was able to capture some footage on the camcorder, but I am not tech savvy enough to upload it yet)

It was a wonderful weekend, busy but fun. I'd love to say this one was going to be more laid back, but with my niece and nephew's baptisms and Halloween, I know I would be lying.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I definitely chuckled at the lawnmower... but hey, whatever makes him happy! Hope your boys have a great Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric has a Cub Cadet mower as well and it is still his favorite toy (we got it 3 years ago when we moved into our house). Boys and their toys...

    And oh my gosh...I can't believe Matt is WALKING!!! Blake is standing unassisted at times, but we are still ways off from steps I think. Lord help us Amy...we will have TWO children running around the house!!

    Can't wait to see pics of your pumpkins! We are doing ours tomorrow. I am not creative at all when it coms to pumpkins, but I still enjoy carving them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Loved your post, we havent had time to get our pumpkins which makes me sad. So I am hoping to go tonight.... Cant wait to see what wayne does with your pumpkins this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy I just wanted to let you know I copied the pictures of Jason! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Followers