Sunday, October 31, 2010

1st Halloween...maybe next year!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday, prepping for an action packed night of Trick or Treaters, parties, and costumes. At our house only one of the boys is up to celebrating.

Matt has been running a fever for three days, and even though I am praying he is on the mend finally, their is just no way he will be heading to the neighborhood party, or out into this chilly fall night. Instead Matt's monkey costume will sit unused in the closet, and we will wait for next year to travel door to door. I guess he'll be fine with that, since its not like he can eat the candy yet anyways. I just always hate when my babies are ill. I also hate when their 1st holiday of this that or the other doesn't work out. But hey, that's life. Hopefully by next weekend- his 1st bday party, he'll be ready to celebrate.

As for Zach, he is so excited its Halloween! When he woke up this morning he asked if it was time to go to Jack's house. I had to explain to him that the "fun" doesn't start till later. Apparently he wasn't super clear on when he would be getting candy, because by 7:30 a.m. he was asking for some for breakfast! So funny that kid. (I don't know why I am speaking like Yoda)

So Zach and Wayne will go to the party on the block, and Matty and I will stay behind and snuggle. Then Wayne will come home, light his pumpkins, and pass out candy, all while cuddling Matt and getting him to bed. Zach and I plan to go trick or treating at my sister's with Jack and Emma? and Grandma I'm sure. I think kids should always have kids to trick or treat with, it just makes it such a better experience. Maybe that is why I've always wanted 3 kids, that way if one is ill, you still have a back-up partner. Ok, more than likely my desire for a someday third stems from the fact that I am the youngest of three, and that I just enjoy my kids more than anything in life.

I digress. I hope you all enjoy seeing your little ones dressed up and hyped up on candy. I know I can't wait to see Zach run around like a madman, and will look forward to next year, when his little brother will finally be able to celebrate and more importantly keep up!

Have a safe and happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Aw Amy...that's too bad about Matt :-( We have been dealing with the sickies around here too. But if it makes you feel better, Blake was totally disinterested in trick-or-treating and was only happy in his full costume for about an hour. haha! He just wanted to crawl around and chase the dog. He didn't care about Halloween :-) All that matter is that Z got to go and have fun. Matt can have his fun next year for sure. I hope he feels better for his birthday. And seriously...how is it his birthday already???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! It's always more of a bummer for us adults than it is for the little ones at this stage. :(

    I agree with the 3 children thing! I'm the youngest of 3 and I think its just fine!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear that Matt is sick and hope he gets better soon! I also hope that Zach had a great time and made lots of memories. Grant had fun but it was just him so its was ok, we dont have any other kids to go with...

    ReplyDelete

Followers