Friday, October 15, 2010

Rainbows...

Yesterday morning I caught a glimpse of the sunrise from my downstairs window. I hurried outside to capture the beauty of the skies:
When I turned around to head back towards home, I didn't expect to see this:
It was a beautiful rainbow that arched the entire sky. I love rainbows. I think it comes from the fact that once when I was studying the Bible I cried reading the explanation for rainbows given in Genesis. I am by no means a person who rattles off scripture by heart, but the explanation was basically that God sent a rainbow to Noah following the flood. It went on to say that rainbows are God's promise to man that he will never again flood the entire Earth. Something about that struck a chord, and ever since I always smile at rainbows. Needless to say it was a wonderful surprise waking up to see not only the gorgeous sunrise, but the striking rainbow as well. It also made me chuckle because at the end of that rainbow(at least from my vantage point) was my very own pot of "gold":
Even though the rest of the day was dreary and rainy...you know that old adage "Red sky at morning sailor's take warning, red sky at night sailor's delight" I had to smile thinking of nature and all the beauty it brings, especially in Autumn.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Pictures Amy. It's great that you take time to appreciate the miracles around you. Thanks for sharing!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Followers