Monday, May 2, 2011

Ears and Tubes...

First I want to say that tomorrow my amazing nephew Jason is having his 6th surgery. This little boy has been through a lot with his ears, and so has his Mom and Dad. Jay is going to have a surgery to rebuild his eardrum which has a hole in it, and it will be a loooong four hour wait for his folks. I know he is a trooper, and I know he will be fine, but please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

On a less drastic note, but a bit overwhelming to me, it looks like Mattie will probably end up getting tubes this June. I am not shocked that the talented ENT recommended it-This Dr. also happens to be the one performing surgery on my nephew tomorrow-thanks again Lisa for pulling some strings :) I guess I just sort of hoped that it would all go away, but unfortunately Matt has had 5 ear infections in three months. I am extremely concerned that not taking steps to resolve the problem now could do more damage in the long run. Yet surgery is surgery, and it is so scary when its your 18 month old your talking about. For goodness sakes I'm 32 and I've never ever had surgery. Unless lasic at 25 counts!

I am sure Matt will be fine, and hopefully he exhibits some of that patience and courage that his big cousin has. I hope I can handle Matt's surgery with as much composure and acceptance as Lisa has all of Jays'.

Say a prayer for the boys in my family, and their precious ears!

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I just read this and thank you for the kind words! I was happy to get Matt in to see the Dr. He is definitely the best, we know that all to well. As we know now Jason did well and so will Matt! If you need anything let me know but consider it a "procedure" and not surgery and maybe that will help! This "procedure" is so quick and you get to be with him until he is asleep and in recovery when they wake him! That floor is excellent and if you need me for ANYTHING please let me know! You will be just fine, it's harder knowing its coming then when its all over :) He will be "off" that day from being put under but the next day you will think wow he just had a "procedure"! A warning now, he is still going to grab at those precious little ears for a bit, part habbit, part healing. In time, in time! Again, you can call for ANYTHING! I would even go with you but they are pretty strict about the 2 person rule If you need though I will be there, just say the word!

    ReplyDelete

Followers