Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Day Shout Out!

Life is in fast forward these days, but I wanted to hop on and say Happy Mother's Day to all the fabulous ladies in my life! I have been fortunate enough to have two presents made for me this year, and a third given by my husband so I can finally display some photos of my adorable family on the wall. I can't wait to share all the news of today, but I just wanted to take a moment and say;

Mom you inspire me. Truly you do. You always have and always will. When I think of what it means to be a great mother I think of love. I have always known you loved me, more than yourself at times, and I have always known you were looking out for me. I can't tell you what it means to have someone love you the way you loved me, except to say, think of the way you loved Grandma and than add a little more :)

Lisa- Thanks for being my sister, but also the first one to enter into motherhood. You have been such a rock of support while I faced some really difficult choices about what to do. I know I always judge you and then say I'm sorry, but when it comes to you as a Mom, you are just as magical to them as you've always been to me.

Alice- I know we can't choose our mothers, but we do choose our mother in laws, and you have always been such a warm and loving friend to me. I hope you know how special you are to me and how happy I am to have you in my life.

My sister in laws. All of you are such remarkable woman. I think each of you show such great marks of motherhood. Lisa you are a tiger mom- always an advocate for your son, and always willing to put your all into everything. It has been a pleasure to watch you nurture. Olivia- you are so open-hearted and enduring. You put your faith into the world, and it brought you Grant. I am so happy this year you get to officially celebrate your role as Mom! Cheryl- you are a powerhouse of compassion. You will go above and beyond for the people(and animals) you love, and that is what will make you such a wonderful Mom. Leah and Bella are lucky little pups to have you to take care of them.

To Great Grandma Helen- Happy Mother's Day. We are so happy that you are feeling better and feel fortunate to have you in our lives.

To My Aunts and Cousins- WOW! You ladies have been such great guides throughout my life, and more so since I've become a mother. You always take the time to make me and my children feel so loved!

Penny- Happy 1st Mother's Day! It has been so great watching you with your daughter and seeing your dream realized!

To my Babycenter girls- You have all been such a comfort every time I've had questions or concerns, and you have all become such wonderful friends. I have cherished sharing in your stories and lives, and have loved watching and talking about how our families have grown. Thank you for being such wonderful people, who are all wonderful Moms.

I know I didn't touch on all of you, but to my readers who are Mom, or future Moms, enjoy this day.

One Final thank you to the two little boys whose birth gave me the title. I swear I will give my all everyday to make sure its a title I truly deserve. I love you Z and Mattie!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Amy that was so sweet of you!!! Thank you very much for your kind words (and making me cry)! LOL I hope you a great Mother's day!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers