Sunday, May 15, 2011

Update- An accident, a recovery, and of course an ear infection!

This past week was full of some major pitfalls. Lennie's accident at the groomer was a terrible start to a few upsetting events around these parts. On Thursday, Wayne was in a car accident. A woman just decided to turn left into a gas station and cut across four lanes of traffic. Unfortunately, Wayne was in the far right lane, and instead of turning into the gas station, she turned into my husband instead. Fortunately, everyone walked away from the accident, even though my darling husband has been in pretty bad pain ever since. A dr's visit, some steroids and muscle relaxers later, he is still a little out of sorts. Its terrible seeing him in pain, because my usually energetic husband is moving like a snail these days. I hope you keep feeling better and better honey!

Lennie has been recovering at home since Thursday afternoon. He looks a little ridiculous because 1/2 of his body is shaved, and the other half looks long. Most importantly, his tongue is healing, and aside from a soft food diet, and me keeping him from rigorous activity and chew bones, he is doing well. The groomer actually said she would take care of the vet bills which is good, but in my opinion also fair. I do have to say, neither Lennie or I will ever being going back there again though!

And finally, on Saturday, I took Matt to the Dr's just to be looked at. My Mom had said he was whiny and pulling at his ear on Wednesday. On Thursday, he was supposedly fine according to daycare , but a bit clingy Thursday night. By Friday I knew he was headed south, so an appt was made. Sure enough Matt has his 6th ear infection in just over 3 months. I was hoping to get my answer that I was doing the right thing getting him tubes, and now I have an answer...it just wasn't the one I wanted. Matt is now on an antibiotic till his surgery June 2nd. I am super anxious, but he is fortunately unaware!

So that is what is new in our lives. Hopefully my posts this week will be a little, ok a lot more, cheerful.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amy!!! I just got caught up on the Lennie situation and now all this??!! Poor Momma :-( That's just too damn much in a week!! I know you know all my Howie drama so trust me honey...I can relate to the doggie sadness. Poor boys :-( I really hope this week is better for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers