Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Farewell to Oprah...

I know it is a little pathetic that this post is a week and a half since my last one, and that my topic of choice is Oprah. Many of you may love the show and feel the same sense of loss that I am feeling, and others of you might be like, oh well...at least Ellen's still on. Wherever you lie in the Oprah spectrum of love or hate, you have to admit 25 year of doing anything that sucessfully is impressive. I always wanted to go to Chicago and see a show. I kept thinking one day, but I guess I didn't plan on the fact that the show would end before the one day came. I know that there is always the OWN network, but to be honest, I don't have time for a network. I just like the comfort of having an old friend in my family room everyday at 4. Ok...I have had to DVR the last 3 years, but you get my drift. There is something sad about the end of anything, even if they hype it up as a new beginning. Just some thoughts. I will miss the show, what about you?

On a completely separate note, what is with stupidity these days. On my way home from work I saw a restaurant's sign that read, "Busy tonight? Lettuce deliver to you!" I mean seriously, Lettuce? I might think they were trying to make a pun if the restaurant had been a salad bar, but it wasn't. It's a sad state of affairs in the literary world these days. Trust me, I know, I am surrounded with papers that could use some revision!

Speaking of papers...that's where I have been. Its the end of the year crunch time, and I still have 75 papers to grade, so time is a bit consumed at the moment. The boys are doing well, enjoying the few days of sun we've had...althought its hard to complain when so many families are suffering due to tornados and storms. We are gearing up for Matt's surgery next week, and a fun filled summer, hopefully free of ear infections and pain. I hope all of you are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers