Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day Daddy- From Zach


Zach asked me to post this little message for him, since he hasn't mastered typing let alone spelling or speaking just yet, but he did pick a poem to share. One of Zach's favorite things to do is chase (or be chased by) his father. The two of them are always engaged in some new games that results in laughter, and a little bit of panic on my part. I mean Wayne does throw Zach up in the air quite a bit, or roll him around in his play tunnel, and yet the two of them sit and snuggle and watch Handy Manny in the am, and Z loves to give his father hugs and kisses. They are the perfect blend of fun and friendship and I hope it always stays that way. In truth, I always knew what a remarkable husband I had, but I never fully appreciated Wayne's wonder till I saw my son looking up to him, both literally and figuratively. What a blessing to get to see my love be a daddy, and what lucky kids we have to have a father like Wayne! Zach and I agree, you are the best daddy in the world!

"Walk a little slower, Daddy.",

said a little child so small.

"I'm following in your footsteps,

And I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast

Sometimes they're hard to see;

So walk a little slower, Daddy,

For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,

You're what I want to be;

Then I will have a little child

Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,

And know that I was true;

So, walk a little slower, Daddy,

For I must follow you."

- Anonymous

Happy Father's Day Wayne! We know that you sometimes feel like you have a lot on your shoulders, we just wanted to take this time to let you know how much we all appreciate you! Oh, and Zach thanks you for carrying him on those broad shoulders of yours...the view really is better up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers