Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pool Days!

Although I didn't get the chance to take Z over swimming at my Mom's this weekend, I was able to get him into the big pool during the week. Now that school is officially over, I am sure we will be headed over for pool fun more often. This week we are supposed to have three days of rain, but then it should be beautiful! In order to cheer up the dreary days ahead, here are a few pics of Zach enjoying the sun:



If you note: This is not the safest maneuver for a 16 month old...I should have had both hands on him, a fact that Zach would prove moments later, when he slid off the float and into the pool. I was able to get both hands on him and prevent him from completely submerging in the water, but it was a little too close for comfort. The moral of the story folks: Don't move out of the way just so the photo is cuter! Zach was a trooper though, he's been back in the water since and seems to enjoy being toted around in it. I think I will have to get him a float specially designed for his age, and maybe a life preserver to float it, so that my back doesn't kill me all summer.


While we were visiting my Mom, my bro stopped by and even though Z was soaked, his Uncle Nick just couldn't say no to a snuggle:



Even though Zach was only entertained by the pool for about 20 minutes, it was a fun adventure. I am looking forward to enjoying every day of my last solo summer with Zach. As strange as it seems, next year at this time I will have a 2 1/2 year old and an 8 month old! I don't think that pool days will be quite as easy then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers