Friday, June 26, 2009

The King of Pop!

I was absolutely shocked yesterday to learn that Michael Jackson passed away. Although in recent years I found him increasingly creepy, I couldn't help but lament the Michael of my childhood. I absolutely loved his videos in the 80's and dancing to his music. I have so many great memories of his songs, and grooving on the family room floor. I also can't help but feel bad for his children and his family. I know that he was a strange man, but his music was brilliant!


What about those dance moves? Lets just admit it right now, we've all tried to moonwalk one time or another. Even in the later years of his life, when I swore he was one celebrity I wouldn't want to meet, or hug ever...I couldn't help but smile and sway with his songs. "Billie Jean" is one of my favorites along with "Smooth Criminal." Loyal readers, what are your thoughts on the death of this icon. Are you upset because you'll never see him in concert, or slightly relieved that you don't have weird pictures of him in a surgical mask to look forward to? I am sad for the loss to music, although recently I can't remember anything he accomplished in that area, I guess I am most sorry for his family particularly his Mom, who even though he was a creeper to the world saw him always as her little boy. I guess I would like to remember this legend like this, instead of the man he would later become:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers