Saturday, June 20, 2009

To my Dad on Father's Day!

Every since I was very small I knew I was a lucky kid. Not only did I have a safe and loving home to grow up in, but God gave me two of the most special people to guide me on my journey. My father has always been a force in my life, whether he was encouraging me with his motivating words, or communicating his love through actions. In fact, he is the epitome of the phrase, "Show me, don't tell me." in that he's never really needed to say I love you(although he does all the time), because he shows it in so many ways. My dad is the first person to the scene of any occasion, whether it be cheering our victories, or handling a crisis. He is the calm voice on the other end of the line when you feel like your world is coming apart, and he is the easy going listener to a million tales. I admire my father for so many reasons because although he is successful in every avenue of his life, he is humble and giving. He values his family above all things, and he would sacrifice for those that he loves without a second thought. He truly is an amazing friend, and a great role-model for not only my siblings and I, but for his grandkids who relish in his attention.

I love seeing him play with Z, because it takes me back and makes me remember all of the great times I had with him as a kid. Whether it was going to breakfast, or playing roller bowler in the family room, making Donald Duck noises, or having him flip his eyelids up, making pizzas and potato skins, playing SEGA, spending hours in car rides, or using his belly as a pillow, he was then, as he is now, always there. Dad, I know that I don't always call and tell you what I feel, but I love you. You have been the backbone of my life, and you have given me support on so many levels. You are everything a father should be and so much more, and we all admire you! I hope on this day, you relish in the fact that not only do your three children,their spouses, and your wife cherish you, but two little men adore and look up to you! Dad, you are the true measure of a man, and you are loved entirely. Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers